How to Communicate Clearly and Effectively in High-Intensity Situations
During this interactive webinar, you’ll learn to identify, and take preventative measures to avoid high-intensity situations at work, and develop the skills required to help yourself, your coworkers, and those you serve, through these situations when they occur.
In this course you’ll learn to:
- Identify areas where proactive measures can be taken to foster an organized and respectful environment that discourages high-intensity situations,
- Identify conflict that has the potential to become a high-intensity situatioN,
- Implement coping strategies you can use to remain calm during conflict,
- Apply communication strategies that help maintain a supportive, constructive tone during emotionally intense situations,
- Respond to high-intensity situations with Verbal and non-verbal communication strategies that help maintain the physical, emotional and psychological safety of everyone involved, and
- Respond assertively to high-intensity situations using emotionally-defusing verbal strategies rather than emotionally reacting to the situation.
- Lectures 13
- Quizzes 10
- Skill level Basic understanding of English and professional communication
- Language English
- Students 239
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self
Section 1: Making a Plan and Asking the Right Questions
In this section you'll learn how to ask questions that will help you more effectively plan and help you find out what kinds of conflicts may be brewing that have the potential to become serious, so you can defuse them before they go any further.
Section 2: Recognizing and Responding to Warning Signs
In this section, students will learn how to recognize what communication and physiological changes indicate that a situation has the potential to become an emotionally-charged or high-intensity one , and how to effectively respond to those warning signs
Section 3: Center, Recognize, Redirect
In this lesson you'll learn the basic three-step process you can follow to increase the odds you can defuse an escalating situation by learning how to position yourself correctly as you enter into it.
Section 4: How to Center and Disengage
In this lesson, you'll learn strategies you can use to disengage and center before you so you can protect yourself and communicate more clearly when dealing with people who are in a high-intensity situation.
Section 5: Keeping Your Cool Using Coping Statements
In this section you'll learn how to construct coping statements that will help you keep your cool in emotionally-charged situations.
Section 6: 3 Keys for Communication Success During High-intensity Situations
During this section, students will learn to increase the odds people will understand them during emotionally-charged situations by strategically delivering information in ways that increase the likelihood the listener can process what's being said.
Section 7: Active Listening in High-Intensity Situations
In this section, you'll learn how to de-escalate emotions during high-intensity situations by implementing a powerful active listening strategy.
Section 8: Behavior, not People
In this lesson, you'll learn how to decrease the odds you might further aggravate someone by criticizing them during a highly-charged situation by focusing on behavior instead of people.
Section 9: Back-Door Commands
In this section , you'll learn an effective way to deliver commands that are followed by those who might otherwise resist following orders during highly emotional situations.
Section 10: Empowering Statements
In this lesson, you'll learn how to construct empowering phrases to deliver to those in high-intensity situations, contributing to the de-escalation process by making those involved feel as though they are making the choice to calm down.
Section 11: Keeping the Ball Rolling
In this lesson you'll learn how to keep the momentum going by using a proven action plan, along with your review and flash-cards