How to Speak the 5 Languages of Respect, Appreciation, Gratitude, and Apologies at Work
In this course, participants will learn:
- How to differentiate between the five different languages spoken by those with whom they work and serve when showing respect, appreciation, demonstrating gratitude, or apologizing,
- How to recognize the signals people around them are sending so that they can determine which of the five languages would be the most effective when showing appreciation or respect, and
- How to “style step” when they show appreciation, respect, gratitude, or contrition, so they can impact their coworkers and those they serve on a more profound emotional level because they are doing it in the recipient’s own “language.”
During this course, participants will :
- Remember times when they tried to express gratitude or appreciation for a coworker, and it backfired, leaving them reluctant to do so in the future,
- Realize how a change in their approach may have made all the difference in the reaction they got from the other person,
- Recognize how the people with whom they work (and those they serve) want to be shown appreciation & respect,
- Learn to let go of grievances held against those who may have inadvertently offended them in the past by speaking the wrong language, and
- Strategize how they will use the five languages, anticipating the new experience they’ll have.
After this course, participants will be able to:
- Relate to—and empathize with—those with whom they work more effectively,
- Motivate and encourage coworkers to exceed their personal and professional expectations, and
- Demonstrate—in more than just words—how much they appreciate not just what their coworkers do, but more importantly who they are.
As a result of this course,
- The environment of those who participate will change, and be infused with more appreciation, respect, and understanding,
- Those who once felt invisible or unappreciated will suddenly feel as though they are seen, heard, and appreciated for who they are and what they contribute, and
- The lives of those who participate—and those whom they touch—will be changed for the better. Forever.
Just think what could happen if everyone at work really understood the unique ways we all show and understand signs of gratitude, appreciation, and respect, and took a more proactive, personal approach to nurturing the professional bond that ties us all together.
How would that change the experience you have every day when you come to work?
This course was inspired by the book, The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace by Gary Chapman and Dr. Paul White.
- Lectures 14
- Quizzes 13
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 25
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
Introduction To the 5 Languages of Respect, Appreciation, Gratitude, and Apologies at Work
In this section you'll be introduced to the course and what you'll learn.
How to Identify, Differentiate, and Define the Five Languages
In this section you'll learn how to define the five language, differentiate one from another, and you'll learn how to interpret the "tells" that reveal which language one values most.
- Introduction: Understanding the 5 Languages, and Determining Which Language People Value
- Understanding Words of Affirmation
- Comprehension Review | Words
- Understanding Acts of Service
- Comprehension Review | Acts
- Understanding Giving and Receiving Gifts
- Comprehension Review | Gifts
- Understanding Quality Time
- Comprehension Review | Time
- Understanding Physical Touch
- Comprehension Review | Touch
- Comprehension Review | Section 2
Section 3: Style Stepping
In this section you'll learn how to style-step the five languages, so you can connect more deeply and have more of an impact when showing appreciation, respect, gratitude, or contrition to your coworkers or those you serve.
- Section 3 Intro: How to Style Step with the Five Languages
- Style Stepping | Words of Affirmation
- Comprehension Review: Style Stepping: Words
- Style Stepping | Acts of Service
- Comprehension Review: Style Stepping: Acts
- Style Stepping | Giving and Receiving Gifts
- Comprehension Review: Style Stepping: Gifts
- Style Stepping | Quality Time
- Comprehension Review: Style Stepping: Quality Time
- Style Stepping | Physical Touch
- Comprehension Review: Style Stepping: Touch