Power phrases and words that professionals use
Good communication skills are essential for success in any business venture. Power phrases and power words can help ensure that you come across as a confident, intelligent communicator and make a positive first impression, particularly when you're dealing with difficult or toxic people. Here are 10 words to add to your vocabulary that will make you sound professional and knowledgeable in the workplace. Incorporate them into your vocabulary.
- Facilitate: To help a process move forward more quickly and effectively
- Modify: Make changes
- Strategize: To plan and organize things with a particular purpose
- Leverage: To use resources or opportunities to get the best possible outcome
- Comprehensively: To cover all aspects of something
- Optimize: To make the best use of something in order to get maximum results
- Collaborative: Working with other people to achieve a common goal
- Proactive: Taking initiative and anticipating potential problems
- Efficiently: Doing something in the best and quickest way possible
- Mitigate: To reduce or lessen a risk or harm.
Using these words will make you sound more confident and competent in your communication. Power phrases will help to demonstrate your professionalism in any situation, and give a clear indication of your communication skills. With these words in your arsenal, you will be well on your way to becoming an effective communicator in business, and you will find that toxic people or difficult people or even narcissistic individuals will choose a target other than you.